Match Reports

A League Div 1 V Seneschalstown 20/8/13

posted 21 Aug 2013, 06:36 by Unknown user

ACFL-D1 Seneschalstown win local derby


Duleek Bellewstown 2-08       Seneschalstown 2-10


Duleek Bellewstown finished out their A league campaign with a two point home defeat to neighbours Seneschalstown.


Seneschalstown opened brightly and had two points on the board within 90 seconds of the throw in. The home team then responded with a goal from Brian Moore on 3 minutes which was followed quickly by a Conall McGinley free on 6 minutes.  Seneschalstown got back on track again with two points in a minute to draw level but McGinley immediately responded to put the home side back in front.

Stephen Nolan pointed in the 18th minute but the Seneschalstown attack continued to pressurise the home defence and were rewarded with two further points to get them back level. Following a lofted pass into the square substitute Wayne Noone poached a lead goal for the home team as the clock approached the break but Seneschalstown responded with a goal of their own to leave the sides level at the break 2-3 to 1-6.


The early stages of the second half were intense and it was point for point as both sides tried to gain the upper hand. A Seneschalstown point in the 7th minute was followed by a Darren Heeny score on 1. Seneschalstown then went in front with a massive point from the midfield and this was followed almost immediately by the crucial score of the second half when they scored a goal. The home side responded with a Stephen Nolan free and a point from David Moore. A further Seneschalstown point was matched by a Darren Heeney free.

The home team continued pressing and were rewarded with a point from Anthony Doonan with the last kick of the game.


Overall a disappointing end to what was a very competitive game. In the end it was Seneschalstown’s ability to get goals at crucial times which proved the difference between the sides.


Best for the home team were Sean Kennedy and Brian Moore in defence while Kevin Smith, John Flood and Cianan Byrne had their moments in attack.


Duleek Bellewstown

A Dowling, S Kennedy, K McCann, J Murphy, BMoore(1-0), S Crosby. J Brannigan, S Nolan(0-2), K Smith, C Byrne, P Howard,  D Mills, J Flood, C McGinley(0-2), P Curran.   Subs W Noone,(1-0) D Moore(0-1), D Heeney(0-2), A Doonan(0-1)

SFC V NOBBER 16/8/13

posted 17 Aug 2013, 08:28 by Unknown user

SFC : Duleek Bellewstown  Topple Nobber

Duleek Bellewstown 3-10 Nobber 0-9

Duleek Bellewstown came to Castletown hoping to get their SFC campaign back on track and despite coming out on top there is quite a lot for the team to work on if they hope to progress to the knockout stages.

For Duleek Bellewstown this was definitely a game of two distinct halves as they completely dominated the first and struggled to find form in the second when their first score of that half came five minutes from the end.

The turning point of the game and the  second half came in the 22th minute when Stephen Nolan appeared out of nowhere to deflect a  goal bound shot which would have reduced the deficit at the time to 3 points with Nobber in the ascendancy.

Dominating around the middle,  Duleek Bellewstown started brightly and with two wides already registered, Stephen Nolan opened the scoring in the 4th minute and this was followed by a Con Mc Ginley free and a point from John Flood in the 8th minute when a Nobber clearance was broken in the midfield to Padraig Howard who spotted Flood in the clear and he calmly slotted the third point.  This was followed almost immediately by a Nobber free which was converted.

In the 14th minute Casey Dunne  had a great catch following a kickout and found Con McGinley on the 45 yard along the side line. Eyeing up the posts he fired over  a long range point to leave Duleek Bellewstown 3 points to the good at the end of the first quarter.

At this stage Duleek Bellewstown were completely on top in the middle third and putting Nobber under extreme pressure despite some poor passing and handling errors. A McGinley free and a further John Flood point extended the lead before Eanna Byrne received a pass from the defence and slipped a pass to the on rushing Cianan Byrne on the Nobber 45 and he  opened them up with a direct run which brought him to the 14 yard line and he drove past the Nobber keeper. 

A further double from a McGinley free and a John Flood point when he pounced on a Nobber block down had extended the lead to 10 points before Padraig Howard was pulled down in the large square in the end of half injury time and Stephen Nolan slotted the resultant penalty.

However Nobber gave an indication that they were not finished with as their centrefielder came downfield and slotted a point with the last kick of the first half with Duleek Bellewstown in front by 2-8 to 0-2.

Nobber began the second half in much more determined fashion and had a point on the board within 15 seconds of the restart which was then followed by a further  quick point.  Duleek Bellewstown responded but could not find any joy in the scoring stakes.

Following a delay for an injury Nober found their touch again gained a foothold in the middle of the field and got 4 further points by the 20th minute and could and possibly should  been closer only for some stout defending by the Duleek Bellewstown defence. Then came that Stephen Nolan block  which highlighted the fact that a half time cushion was no guarantee and the game was now definitely up for grabs.

In the 25 minute Casey Dunne surged down the left wing and cut inside and pointed from the 40 metres line;  This was their first score of the half and had the effect of calming the nerves and getting them back on track .  A further Nobber point was matched by a Con MC Ginley Free and as the game entered injury time Darren Mills found himself five yards out and he finished off the scoring by slotting the ball to the net.

While victory was achieved there is plenty to work on for final group game against Moynalvey.

In defence Sean Kennedy and Kevin McCann and Brian Moore performed well while Casey Dunne had some good spells in midfield. Up front Cianan Byrne and John Flood posed plenty of problems for the opposition  

Duleek Bellewstown

R Nolan; S Kennedy; K McCann;K Smith; S Crosby; B Moore; D Moore;  C Dunne (0-1)E Byrne; C Byrne(1-0); P Howard; S Nolan(1-1); J Flood((0-3) C MGinley(0-5) D Mills(1-0); Subs J Brannigan for SNolan

Click here to Reply or Forward
3% full
Using 0.47 GB of your 15 GB
©2013 Google - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Programme Policies
Powered by Google
Last account activity: 18 minutes ago

B league Div 2 Round 8 12th August 2013

posted 14 Aug 2013, 10:45 by Unknown user

ACFBL-D2 Moynalvey ease relegation worries

Moynalvey 6-13 Duleek Bellewstown 2-10

Moynalvey came away with the 2 points to ease their relegation worries in this high scoring encounter as their ability to take their goal chances left them comfortably ahead of visitors Duleek Bellewstown at the final whistle.

The home team opened brightly and were a goal and a point to the good before Darren Heeney opened the visitors account with a point which was followed almost immediately with another goal and a two point salvo for the home side; Heeney responded with a couple of points to leave the score 2-3 to 0-3 at the end of the first quarter. Bother teams traded a brace of points each with Duleek Bellewstown's points coming from James Murphy and the inform Wayne Noone. Then 2 goals in the space of a minute put the home side further ahead and in the driving seat. However Duleek Bellewstown kept the scoreboard ticking over with two further points from Darren Heeney and Anthony Doonan and a goal from Sean Kennedy left the away side 10 points adrift at the break.

The home side opened the second half as they ended the first and hit two points before Jason Finnegan scored a well worked goal and when Sean Kennedy and Tony Andrews popped over points there was hope that a comeback was on the cards. the Home forwards then clinched the spoils with two goals in the 15th and 20th minutes which end the comeback hopes. Darren Heeney completed the scoring with a point 5 minutes from the end.

This was a workman like performance with strong showings from Paul Callaghan James Murphy and George Martin in defence with Wayne Noone and Sean Kenendy posing a threat in attack.

Duleek Bellewstown
D Moore, G Martin, A Reilly, C Noone, J Burke, P Callaghan A O'Brien, J Murphy, D Heeney(0-5), J Finnegan (1-0), S Kennedy (1-1), A Doonan (0-1), W Cudden, W Noone(0-1), T Andrews(0-1), Sub P Healy for C Noone 

A League Div 1 V Skryne Wednesday 17th July

posted 18 Jul 2013, 04:39 by Unknown user

Duleek-Bellewstown 3-11 Skryne 1-8

Duleek Bellewstown came to Skryne to put their previous round disappointment behind them and after a shaky opening quarter they came away with a comprehensive 9 point defeat of the home side and keep themselves in contention for the final shake up.

The home side opened quickly and were 4 points to the good after the 5 minute mark following a  point from Paddy Fox and a goal from Ciaran Lenehan; The goal came following a breakdown in a Duleek Bellewstown attack and Skryne worked the ball the entire length of the field for Lenehan to  score.  Skryne were to the fore for the next 10 minutes but their only reward was a Mark Battersby point on 15 minutes to leave them 5 points in front after 15 minutes.

Duleek Bellewstown then began to exerting pressure on the Skryne rearguard and after a couple of wayward effort they opened their account  on 18 minutes when corner back Sean Kennedy found himself in space and he calmly slotted a point.  This was followed by 4 points from  John Flood  and a pointed free from Stephen Nolan to leave then a point in front coming up to the break but a last second point from a free by Mark Battersby left the sides level at 1-3 to 0-6 at the break.

Skryne opened the second half, like the first, in a blistering fashion had a three points advantage after 5 minutes with 2 further points from Ciaran Lenehan and a point from Ian Davis.  However 2 goals in the space of a minute gave Duleek Bellewstown the impetus they needed. Firstly Cianan Byrne raiding in from the right found the back of the net and from the resulting kick out the play came back in to Darren Mills and he quickly dispatched   the ball to the Skryne net to put the away team in to a lead that they never surrendered.

Further points from John Flood, Ciaran Collins and 3 successive point from Stephen Nolan,  with a single point reply from Skryne, had the away team 7 points to the good at the midpoint point of the second half. Skryne continued to press but the away defense was rock solid and after a breaking down a Skryne attack the ball was worked up field for a John Flood goal to seal the victory with less than 10 minutes remaining. Skyrne’s only reward in the remaining time was a point from Harry Rooney.

This was whole hearted performance with everyone contributing to the result; the defence in particular provided the platform by cutting out passes and breaking up the Skyrne attack. Midfield worked tirelessly and provided the links to the attack which, after a shaky start, came good in the second both in the scoring stakes and closing down then opposition

Duleek Bellewstown: A Dowling; J Murphy; K Mc Cann; S Kennedy (0-1), S Crosby; D Moore, B Moore,  C Dunne, E Byrne, J Flood (1-5) S Nolan (0-4 3f) C Byrne(1-0) C Collins(0-1) D Mills (1-0) K Smith;  Subs R Clarke for C Collins, S Townley for C Dunne. Not used P Callaghan, W Noone, A Doonan .

Feis cup Round 2 V Wolfe Tones

posted 4 Jul 2013, 14:56 by Unknown user

Wolfe Tones 1-12 Duleek Bellewstown 0-9 


Former Meath star Cian Ward, with a personal tally of 1-6, was the key difference as Wolfe Tones ended  Duleek Bellewstown's interest in a well contested Feis Cup encounter in Kilberry on Wednesday evening. 


Both teams opened tentatively and scoring was at a premium and there was 7 minutes on the clock when Stephen Sheppard got the Tones off the mark with a point from the right wing. The Tones, with their midfield in command, then went on a scoring spree and by the 20th minute had kicked a further 5 points to give them a 6 point cushion..

Despite pressing hard Duleek Bellewstown just could not get on target and it was the 21st minute before John flood opened their account following good work from Stephen Nolan. Nolan then popped over a free and this was followed by a Tones point from Alan Callaghan. Nolan closed out the half  with two further long range points, one from a 45 and another from a free, leaving the score at the break Tones 0-7 Duleek Bellewstown 0-4.


Duleek Bellewstown opened the second half brightly and after 5 minutes had the deficit down to the minimum with points from Darren Mills and a further pointed free from Stephen Nolan. Some wayward passing at this stage let the Tones off the hook and they gradually took control again. A point from Padraig Howard on 19 minutes which was in the middle of four further points from Ward (3) and Sheppard saw the Tones three points to the good with 10 minutes left.


Then Ward, coming in from the left wing, hit an unstoppable shot to the Duleek Bellewstown net and the game was over as a contest. Duleek Bellewstown continued to search for that goal to make for an exciting finish but could only manage 2 further points from Darren Mills and Darren Heeney with the last kick of the game to leave the Tones 6 points to the good at the final whistle.


Best for Duleek/Bellewstown were Kevin McCann and Brian Moore in defence, while Padraig Howard, John Flood and Stephen Nolan worked hard in attack.


Duleek Bellewstown

A Dowling, J Brannigan, K McCann, J Murphy, D Moore B Moore, S Dunne, C Dunne, E Byrne, J Flood (0-1), P Howard (0-1), C Byrne, D Mills (0-2) S Nolan (0-4 4f) P Curran. Subs K smith for J Brannigan D Heeney (0-1) for P Curran .


Duleek Bellewstown capture Minor League Division 4 Title.

posted 26 May 2013, 02:02 by Unknown user



Duleek Bellewstown 2-7 St Peter’s Dunboyne 1-8

Overcoming a 4 point half time deficit Duleek Bellewstown’s minors produced a dramatic last 5 minutes to land the Division 4 league title in Stamullen on Saturday evening. Corner forward Stephen Moore was the toast of his teammates when he fired his second goal of the night to put the team in front for the first time of the match with less than two minutes left. This was followed almost immediately by a marvellous long range point by Darren Heeney to stretch the lead and despite a late point from Dunboyne the score at the final whistle was Duleek Bellewstown 2-7 St Peter’s Dunboyne 1-8.

Playing against the wind Duleek Bellewstown found themselves 1 point down after just 20 seconds when Killian Smyth pointed for Dunboyne.  Duleek Bellewstown then took the game to their opponents and but for wayward shooting would have been in front; Their only reward was a pointed free from Darren Heeney after 8 minutes.

Dunboyne were playing the more direct style and went  in front when midfielder Cathal Meehan pointed their second on 11 minutes;  He followed this up with 2 further points and Dunboyne were 4 points to the good when Meehan again and Conor Finn pointed on 15 minutes.  Duleek Bellewstown continued to press but over-elaboration and the tricky wind frustrated their scoring efforts. As the half entered the last minute Ryan Cooney broke though the centre and landed a point. Then things got decidedly worse when they were reduced to 12 when they lost Robin Clarke to a straight red card and it looked even bleaker when Dunboyne number 10 David McEntee pointed with the last kick of the half to leave the green and gold lads 6 points to 2 down at the break.

With the wind at their back a good start to the second half was needed and that was achieved  with a goal from Stephen Moore when he followed up on a shot from Eoin Morris which had been parried by the Dunboyne defence and drove to the net. Darren Heeney followed up with a point to draw the teams level after 7 minutes of the half; Dunboyne then began to utilise their spare man to good effect and points from Dean Quinn and a goal from Conor Finn restored the 4 point advantage. Good work down the right wing saw Stephen Lynch volley over the bar to reduce the deficit but this was immediately followed by another Quinn point restoring their 4 point advantage as the game entered the final quarter.

The tactic of getting early ball into Darren Heeney began to yield dividends and in the 20th minute the game was down to a single score when Heeney converted a point. The half back line of Stephen Lynch, James Burke and Ciaran Gogarty were picking up possession and driving forward but scores were hard to come by as  Dunboyne played their spare man in front of Heeney to pick up loose ball. But Duleek Bellewstown kept to their game plan and a further point from Heeney in the 25th minute reduced the deficit to two points.  The midfeld duo of the two Shanes, Crosby and Townley worked tirelessly cutting off the supply to the Dunboyne forward line and this effort was rewarded in the 28th minute when, following a long ball over the top from Stephen Lynch,  Stephen Moore outpaced his marker to slide the ball to the Dunboyne net to put his team in the lead for the first time.  As the game entered injury time Heeney followed up with that marvellous point from the left wing to leave Dunboyne needing a goal to claim the title.  They could only manage a point and when the final whistle went there was unrestrained joy on the Duleek Bellewstown bench.     

Overall this was an outstanding ‘team’ performance with everyone contributing to the win; Despite playing the second half a man short everybody upped their game to ensure victory was achieved.  

Following the game Jim Mullery presented the shield to captain Ryan Cooney.

Duleek Bellewstown

Dylan Moore, Karl Brannigan, Paddy Walsh, Stephen Lynch(0-1), Ryan Cooney(0-1), Ciaran Gogarty, Shane Townley, Shane Crosby, James Burke, Darren Heeney((0-5), Owen Morris, Robin Clarke, Stephen Moore (2-0)

Subs Mathew Brannigan for Owen Morris, Jack Fitzpatrick for Paddy Walsh, Gareth Reilly, Darren Arnold, Alan O’Brien, Peter Reilly,

St Peters Dunboyne

David Fitzgerald, Philip Watters, Shane Weston, Mark Daly, Sean O’Neill, Ronan Fitzmaurice, Cathal Meehan(0-3), Ronan Jones, Killian Smyth(0-1), David McEntee(0-1), Calvin McMahon, John O’Hora, Conor Finn(1-1)

Subs: Eamonn Gilligan, Dean Quinn(0-3), Paddy Lee, Alex Yourell, Robbie Comer, John Finnerty,  John Finlay, Andrew Hymerick, Simon Clarke, Craig Doyle


posted 22 May 2013, 23:47 by Unknown user

Duleek Bellewstown 5-9 Rathkenny 4-6

The U14’s of Duleek Bellewstown overturned a 5 point half time deficit and produced a storming second half to land the Div 3 U14 Shield final in Slane on Wednesday evening.

Playing against the wind in the first half Duleek Bellewstown opened nervously and found themselves 10 points adrift after just 10 minutes as the Rathkenny forwards opened up the defence with every attack and scored 2-4 with their full forward scoring two goals in the opening six minutes.  The defence, with Jamie Crosby, Joe Corduff and Ali Erdogan,. to the fore began to get to grips with the Rathkenny attack and drove the team forward and it was full forward Niall Collins who started the fight back in the 11th minute when he pounced on a loose ball and found the corner of the net with a good low drive.  He then followed that up the 16th minute when he again found the back of the net following a good move down the right wing.  This was followed almost immediately by another goal from Aodhan Gallagher and a point from midfielder Cian Kelly to leave the scores level after 20 minutes. However Rathkenny found their scoring boots again and knocked in 1-2 in  the  last 5 minutes of the first half as the Rathkenny full forward completed his hat trick. Despite conceding those scores the   Duleek Bellewstown defence did well to crowd out and deny the full forward two further goal chances.  

This left the scores at half time Duleek Bellewstown 3-1 Rathkenny 3-6.

Whatever coach Brian Butler said to his players at half time, it had the desired effect and it was a different team to the first half. The nerves were gone and the mood was positive and the play direct.   The forwards had spurned a couple of chances for points before Aodhan Gallagher landed the 4th goal after 3 minutes.  This had the effect of galvanising the whole team and believing that victory could be achieved. A green and gold barrier was put in place from the half way line and with  Ben Lanigan and Jamie O’Leary now getting on top in the full back line every Rathkenny attempt to break beyond the midfield  area was sent back as Duleek Bellewstown were first to every loose or  breaking ball.

With a constant supply from defence and midfield , points from Jamie Crosby, Connor Butler, Joe Corduff, Daire Moore and two from Morgan Browne had the green and gold in front by the 20th minute and the 5th goal came when Daire Moore managed to force home a rebound following a  45 when the Rathkenny rearguard parried the original effort.  Two further points from Cian Kelly and Joe Corduff provided a 9 point cushion with less than 10 minutes remaining. Rathkenny then produced a series of attacks looking for goals which could have given the defence some nervous moments but a goal from a penalty was all that was conceded and when referee Tommy Lorton blew for full time Duleek Bellewstown were 6 points to the good.

It would be unfair to mention specific players and apart from the early jitters and the slow start, this was a very good performance from the whole squad with plenty of excellent  teamwork as the ball was  worked defence to attack. Even though coach Brian Butler emptied his bench everybody, including the players that came in, worked extremely hard and chased down and harried every ball to ensure that victory was theirs.  

 After the game Jim Mullery presented the Shield to captain Cian ‘Rusty’ Kelly.


Jack Beggy, Ben Lanigan, Finn Hartford, Ryan Touhy, Ali Erdogan, Jamie Crosby (0-1); Cian Kelly(0-2) Joe Corduff(0-2) Aodhan Gallagher (2-0) Conor Butler (0-1) Robert Caffrey, Morgan Browne(0-2), Niall Collins (2-0);

Subs Daire Moore(1-1) AJ O’Brien(0-01), Jamie O’Leary, Gary Reddy, Alex Cudden


Minor League Div 4 Semi Final

posted 19 May 2013, 14:48 by Unknown user

Duleek-Bellewstown reach Minor League Division 4 Final

DuleekBellewstown 4-14 Ballivor 3-9

A strong final quarter saw Duleek-Bellewstown minors reach the Division 4 final, where they will face St Peter’s Dunboyne, when they overcame a gallant Ballivor side in an entertaining match played in Duleek on Saturday evening

The lead changed numerous times throughout the game with little more than a score between the sides until that final quarter.  Duleek-Bellewstown were first out of the blocks with the opening 3 points from Shane Crosby, James Burke, and Darren Heeney. Ballivor immediately hit back and scored  1-2  between the 6th and 8th minutes, the goal coming from a neat flick by their centre forward . Duleek-Bellewstown responded in the 11th minutes with a goal from Stephen Moore following some good work from the midfield.  The teams then traded points with Shane Townley pointing a long range score from about 40 yards before the Ballivor centerfield outpaced the Duleek Bellewstown defence to fire an unstoppable shot to the net.  Shane Townley then pointed another long range effort in the run up to the interval where another 2 points were shared to leave Ballivor leading at the interval 2-5 to 1-5.

Ballivor opened up the second half with a point straight from the throw in. Following a Matthew Brannigan point in the sixth minute, Darren Heeney  came to the fore with 1-1 in the space of a minute, first popping over a point and then capitalised on a mistake from the resulting kick out to score a goal and put Duleek-Bellewstown in front for the second time in the game. Ballivor, to their credit, came back and pointed quickly to restore parity. Play was tense for the next 5 minutes and Ballivor appeared to be gaining the upper hand when their excellent Number 9 again outpaced the home defence to crack another goal.

At that stage it was looking like Ballivor were going to overturn their defeat in the league stages but in the next 5 minutes the complexion of the tie changed again.  Darren Heeney immediately responded with a point from a difficult angle. Then Stephen Lynch raiding down the right hand side scored a goal from a tight angle ; This was followed by two long range frees from Shane Townley and a delightful point from James Burke following a break through the centre to put a 5 point difference between the sides with 5 minutes remaining.  

Ballivor continued to press the home defence searching for a goal but could only manage two points. Up front Darren Heeney was continuing to cause problems for the Ballivor rear-guard, and from a defence splitting long ball from Stephen Lynch, was taken down in the large square. From the resultant penalty Shane Crosby stepped up and goaled by sending the keeper the wrong way from the spot kick. This was followed by another Townley long range point and the scoring was completed when Stephen Lynch pointed with the last kick of the game to leave the final score Duleek-Bellewstown 4-14 Ballivor 3-9.

This was a very entertaining, competitive and enjoyable match, while the final score slightly flattered the home team it was their ability to keep calm under pressure, and to continually do the simple things along with that final quarter surge that saw them win out. In defence the home team were best served by the half back line of Lynch, Cooney and Gogarty, At midfield  the surging runs of Shane Crosby and the long range scoring and defensive work of Shane Townley kept Ballivor at bay, while upfront Darren Heeney  and James Burke kept their opponents on their toes.

Duleek -Bellewstown

D Moore, K Brannigan, P Walsh, S Lynch(1-1) R Cooney C Gogarty,  S Townley(0-5) S Crosby(1-0) J Burke (0-1) D Heeney(1-5) O Morris  S Moore (1-1) G Reilly. Subs J Fitzpatrick for O Morris, M Brannigan(0-1) for G Reilly.

Under 16 div 6 Spring League final V Kells

posted 16 May 2013, 14:20 by Unknown user

Match:                          Duleek/Bellewstown V Kells

Venue:                          Dunganny

Date:                            15/5/13

Competition:                 Under 16 Divison 6 Spring League Final

Duleek Bellewstown capture u16 Div 6 Crown

Full time     Duleek Bellewstown      4-11     Gaeil Colmcille     3-7

Diminutive half time substitute Pauric McGroggan, with 2-2  was the key difference between these two evenly matched sides in what was a very entertaining and tense final.  Through the game both teams enjoyed dominant periods but it was Duleek Bellewstown ’s ability to make the most of their opportunities particularly in the last quarter which saw them win out in the end.

Playing against the wind Gaeil Colmcille opened up in whirlwind fashion with their inside forward line scoring 1- 4 in the first 10 mins opening up the defence with every attack and could have been more in front by the midpoint of the half. After that slow start the DB defence began to come to grips with the pace of the game and their midfield  began to gain the upper hand, releasing the ball to the inside forward line; In that period of dominance their forwards contributed 2 goals and 5 points . In the run up to half time Gaeil Colmcille had 2 or 3 goal opportunities in which to  reduce the  deficit but could only manage a single point leaving the Duleek Bellewstown in front at half time 2-5 to 1-5.

The second half opened in dramatic fashion with super sub McGroggan grabbing an a goal in the opening minute which was followed by 3 quick points leaving them 8 points to the good after 38 mins and looking comfortable . However the boys from Kells  reshulled their format and managed to get a stranglehold again in the middle of the park and over the next 10 minutes forced their way back into the game  scoring 2-2 with the goal coming from the penalty spot. Duleek Bellewstown never panicked and managed to stem the tide through dogged defending and then having been reduced to 12 they raised their game again and it was McGroggan again who kick started their revival by poaching his second goal of the night with 10 mins to go. Following that they continued to apply pressure to the kells attack which yielded turnover and which then resulted in points from Stephen Moore, Stephen Mooney and McGroggan  again. To the end the Kells lads continued to try and break the Duleek Bellewstown defence but they held firm and in the end thoroughly deserved to come out on top.

Overall an excellent match from two evenly matched sides. After the game captain Stephen Moore received the winner’s trophy from Donal Forde , Secretary Coiste Fe18. 




                R. Kearns  A. Noone  A Seery   D. Brodigan   R. Clarke   J. Carolan    C. Cooney   J. Fitzpatrick

                A. Agnew   S. Mooney   D. Smullen  S. Moore   M Brannigan


               Sub;   P. McGroggan for A. Agnew


posted 11 May 2013, 07:57 by Unknown user

Match:                 Duleek-Bellewstown V Dunshaughlin 

Venue:                 Dunshaughlin

  Time:                 7.30pm

  Date:                  09/05/2013

  Competition:     Division 1 League


Dunshaughlin overcame D/B in this Division 1 League encounter played in very blustery conditions in Dunshaughlin on Thursday evening last. D/B failed to registered a single score in the first half as the scores finished up at Dunshaughlin 1-05 to D/B 0-00.


Conal Mc Ginley opened up the scoring for D/B in the second half and further points from Mc Ginley (0-03) and Darren Mills left the scores at Dunshaughlin (1-09) to D/B 0-04 at the final whistle.



1. Ricky Nolan.
2. Jason Branigan
3. Kevin Mc Cann
4. Kevin Smith
5. Shane Crosby
6. Brian Moore
7. David Moore
8. Casey Dunne

9. Stephen Nolan
10. John Flood
11. Mark Collins
12. Podge Howard
13. Kieron Collins
14. Conal mc Ginley (0-03)
15. Darren Mills (0-01)

Sub: Keith Mc Donald for Kieron Collins, Shane Townley for Jason Branigan, Dylan Carney for John Flood, Cianan Byrne for David Moore, Darren Heeney for Mark Collins

1-10 of 54